I am from warm summer afternoons, filled with laughter and joy as I played around the yard with the summer sun tangled in my hair and the soft earth beneath my feet. I am from nights filled with whispers and giggles, from the imaginary monster that lived in the darkness of the basement. I am from a world filled with magic and mystery, a world where anything is possible,

a world where trolls guarded bridges,

and fairies hid in the mountain ridges,

and girls who went from rags to riches.

I am from grass stains on blue jeans, from recess spent running around the vast field until my lungs felt heavy.

I am from hunting lady bugs, and capturing the small creatures in containers filled with rocks and grass watching as they moved around. Their spotted backs climbing over small pebbles and sticks.

I am from a world filled with youthful curiosity, and adventure were I travel through my imagination, from the peak of Mt Everest to hiking through the dry desert lands of the Kalahari, every moment something new.

I am from quiet nights sitting in my moon lit room as the night air drifts through my curtains the only sound being of the time passing by,

TICK

TICK

TICK

My thoughts getting thicker as I go deeper into the night.

I am from a world filled with anxiety and uncertainty, a world with nothing but loud silence, a place where you are left alone with nothing but your thoughts to keep you company.

The monster that used to wait for me in the basement is gone, replacing it is a little voice in my head whispering to me my every fault, she is always there, in the back of my mind, my own destruction waiting for me in my darkest thoughts.

I am from broken promises, lining up and parading around taunting me of all the mistakes I’ve made.

I am from a world that is constantly changing, churning and moulding  its self into something new leaving behind its past self, and as I look back nothing is the same.

Picture from:tumblr_nip0f3RgKZ1s3gybio1_500-2eu9wdc.jpg